Lydden Hill Circuit Helicopter Landing Information
Helicopters are welcome to land at Lydden Hill Circuit subject to the following.
All helicopters must land at the main helipad. It is a sloped grass area upon which there will be no helipads marked out. An image of the helipad areas can be found on page 2 of this document.
In degrees, minutes and decimals of minutes (as most GPS systems) the location is:
51° 10’ 40.63” N 1° 12’ 13.75”
The second helipad area displayed on page 2 is strictly reserved for the air ambulance.
Approach and Departure
Approach and depart keeping well clear of any parked cars in the field, please be cautious of the public roads near the site.
Do not overfly the race circuit and if possible, do not overfly the nearby village of Wootton. Make steep approaches and depart at maximum rate of climb. Avoid overflying any residential properties at less than 500ft.
Landing at Lydden Hill is strictly by prior permission. Please complete the form on page 3 of this document and return to Lydden Hill circuit.
The helipad area a short walk from the paddock areas and facilities.
No fuel is available at Lydden Hill. The nearest airports with fuelling facilities are;
- London Ashford Airport (Lydd) – email@example.com – 01797 322400
- Rochester Airport – firstname.lastname@example.org – 01634 869969
- London Biggin Hill Airport – bigginhillairport.com – 01959 578500
LYDDEN HILL CIRCUIT HELICOPTER LANDING REQUEST FORM
To request a landing at Lydden Hill Circuit please complete the form below, then email it to us with a copy of your aircraft insurance certificate. By requesting a landing at Lydden Hill Circuit you confirm the following:
- You have third party insurance for not less than £5million any one incident and attach confirmation of cover. If this is not currently held, extra cover must be provided by your aircraft insurer.
- You understand that the Lydden Hill Helipad is not licensed and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you are satisfied as to the suitability of the facilities for your purposes and understand that Lydden Hill Circuit provides no warranty in this respect.
- You will follow all requirements set out in the Lydden Hill Circuit Landing Information. You will also ensure that you comply with any CAA requirements relating to landing, taking off and flying over open air assemblies.
- You will indemnify Lydden Hill Race Circuit Limited and all officers, employees, servants, and agents thereof in respect of any liabilities, direct or indirect and of any kind whatsoever arising out of the use of the facilities by your aircraft.
- No landings may be before 08.00 or after 20.00 and must be in daylight.
Telephone: 01304 830557
You must receive approval to land by email and this will not be provided until we have received the completed form below: