Here at Lydden Hill Race Circuit we endeavour to ensure we deliver an inclusive environment for our visitors, providing a venue that can be used by everyone, regardless of age, gender and disability. Throughout the development of the site we are always seeking ways to remove any unnecessary physical barriers and will always listen to the needs of our customers.
- Please be aware Lydden Hill is a combination of hilly and flat surfaces, this can sometimes be steep and uneven. Disabled parking is available at the circuit with a view of the track itself, when arriving at the venue, please proceed down the gravel road to the Welcome Hut which is located immediately above the race paddock.
- The majority of the venue is accessible via ramped and level access.
- Permanent disabled facilities are located in the toilet block within the Paddock Area, at major events additional disabled facilities are available within the disabled car park. If you are unable to locate the facilities, please ask a member of staff.
- Assistance dogs are permitted within the venue but must be kept on a short lead.
- When coming to an event with a disabled visitor, one carer gets in free when the person being cared for pays full price. Please be prepared to provide proof in the form of letter or ID card.
- We do permit disabled drivers with a full UK driving licence to take part in our track days.
- Any disabled drivers will be asked to give details of their condition and how they are affected by the medical staff on the day.
- If a disabled driver is to end up in the gravel the session will be red flagged to ensure the disabled driver/passenger are not left in a vulnerable position.
The Martha Trust
Lydden Hill are supporting the Martha Trust, a local charity, providing inclusive, lifelong care for people with profound physical and multiple learning disabilities. Through out the year we will be inviting their residents to events free of charge, fundraising at events, holding a Martha Trust Summer Ball and taking part in the Bonkers in Barcelona car challenge in September to raise money for this amazing charity with the hope to making a difference to their residents lives.
‘At Martha Trust we support people with profound physical and multiple learning disabilities. We encourage them to explore the world around them and take an active role in their community. We inspire them to reach out and face new challenges and we help them to fulfil their potential.’
Should you have any questions or queries about accessibility, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us!